Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring!

I was extremely excited to open Google today and find:



Hats off to Google for highlighting children's authors! I was encouraged to click the logo and find the search results that include a news article about the celebration of the first day of Spring (that happened at 7:44 am today, btw - by the way).

Upon further exploring, I found a wonderful animation of this all time favorite book of mine from my childhood:



Like most authors today, Eric Carle has a wonderful website I would encourage anyone and everyone to explore. He even blogs!

Ok... so this is a PBS local affiliate education blog though... what does it have to all do with PBS? Wellllll I went on over to PBS Teachers Connect, logged in, and did a keyword search in the upper right hand corner for "Eric Carle" and look what I found!



WETA's Reading Rockets is a fantastic resource-rich website that Mary Ann Dillon has shared before on our blog - but you may not know it is a wealth of author links and interviews and resources as well as teaching tool! I hope you will take some time to explore as I did, and remember these as wonderful tools to weave into your rich curriculum.



Happy Spring! Feed that Hungry Caterpillar! Thank you Eric Carle!

No comments: