FREE Professional Development Opportunity --- from the comfort of any internet connected computer... including one at home while you eat dinner and help kids with homework - depending on your multitasking ability :).
The new fall line up of PBS Teachers LIVE! webinars is now available. The fall PBS Teachers LIVE! webinar series kicks off with "Transforming Schools: P.O.V.'s 'The Principal Story'" on September 1 at 5 p.m. Arizona (8 p.m. EST). Topics covered in the fall/winter schedule of webinars include elementary and middle level science, geography, social studies, digital storytelling, education in the digital age, and online professional development.
- Sept 1: Transforming Schools: P.O.V.'s "The Principal Story"
- Sept. 21: Dig into Early Science Instruction With “Dinosaur Train”
- Oct. 7: Teaching About Place With Ken Burns' "The National Parks: America's Best Idea"
- Oct. 22: Welcome to the new PBS Teachers site
- Nov. 10: Education in the Digital Age: FRONTLINE's "Digital Nation"
- Dec. 10: PBS TeacherLine: Online Professional Development for Educators
- Jan. 26 (2010): Middle Level STEM Education With "Design Squad," "Fetch," and DragonflyTV"
All participants who are online for the entire webinar and complete the feedback survey at the end will receive a certificate for professional development hours.
For more information visit: www.pbs.org/teachers/webinar.